The search for very low mass (brown dwarf) stars as wide binaries
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 291)
Contributed Papers on Active Binary Stars
The missing mass in the solar neighbourhood may be low mass (brown dwarf) companion stars in wide binaries. A search for these companions has been initiated using a new Photometric-camera.
KeywordsWide Binary Companion Star Spatial Area Initial Mass Function Type Star
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abt, H.A. and Levy, S.G., 1984, Ap. J. supp. 30, 273.Google Scholar
- Bahcall, J.N., 1984, Ap. J. 276, 169.Google Scholar
- Bahcall, J.N., 1986, Ap. J. supp. 60, 939.Google Scholar
- Bailey, M.E., 1986, Mon. Not. R. astr. Soc. 218, 1.Google Scholar
- D'Antona, F. and Mozzatelli, I., 1986, preprint.Google Scholar
- Nelson, L.A. et al., 1987, Astrophysics of Brown Dwarfs, p.171.Google Scholar
- Stevenson, D.J., 1987, Astrophysics of Brown Dwarfs, p.218.Google Scholar
- Tarter, J.C., 1987, Astrophysics of Brown Dwarfs, p.121.Google Scholar
- Zinnicker, H. 1984, Astrophys. Sp. Sci. 99, 41.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1987