Propagation of uncertainties and inaccuracies in knowledge-based system
We consider the representation of data through linguistic variables characterized by means of attributes, eventually transformed by so-called modifiers. We study several fuzzy implications and combination operators used to define a generalized modus ponens in the case where observations are slightly different from the premise of rules of the knowledge base, but a conclusion is required. We compare the properties of these tools to provide indications on their behavior in different situations. We study the stability of particular modifiers when used to describe the difference between an observation and the fact involved in the antecedent of a rule.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. BOUCHON: Fuzzy inferences and conditional possibility distributions, Int. Symposium on Fuzzy Inf. Proc., Cambridge (1984) and Fuzzy Sets and Systems 3, 21 (1987).Google Scholar
- B. BOUCHON: On the forms of reasoning in expert systems, in Approximate reasoning in expert systems (M.M. Gupta et al., eds.), North Hollands, Amsterdam (1985). Google Scholar
- D. DUBOIS, H. PRADE: Théorie des possibilités, application à la représentation des connaissances en informatique, Masson (1985).Google Scholar
- E.P. KLEMENT: Operations on fuzzy sets and fuzzy numbers related to triangular norms, 11th Intern. Symp. on Multiple-valued logic, Oklahoma (1981).Google Scholar
- E. TRILLAS, L. VALVERDE: On indistinguisability and implication, memorandum 82/04, Universitat Politecnica de Barcelona (1982).Google Scholar
- L. VALVERDE: On the structure of F-indistinguisability operators, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 17, 3 (1985), 313–328.Google Scholar
- S. WEBER: A general concept of fuzzy connectives, negations and implications based on t-norms and t-conorms, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 11 (1983), 115–134.Google Scholar
- T. WHALEN, B. SCHOTT: Issues in fuzzy production systems, Intern. J. of Man-Machine Studies, 19 (1983), pp. 57–71.Google Scholar
- L.A. ZADEH: The concept of linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning, Information Sciences 8 (1975), part I: 199–249 and part II: 301–357.Google Scholar
- L.A. ZADEH: The role of fuzzy logic in the management of uncertainty in expert systems, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 11 (1983), 199–227.Google Scholar