A fixpoint construction of the p-adic domain
The Kahn domain on p symbols can be given an arithmetic structure so that its maximal elements are isomorphic to the p-adic integers. This is described as a fixpoint of a functor in a category of sheaves of rings.
KeywordsLocal Section Ring Homomorphism Sheaf Theory Domain Equation Ringed Frame
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.M. Cohn, 1977: “Algebra”, vol. 2, Wiley.Google Scholar
- M.P. Fourman and D.S. Scott, 1979: “Sheaves and Logic”, in “Applications of Sheaves”, Springer LNM 753.Google Scholar
- P.T. Johnstone, 1982: “Stone Spaces”, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- M. Tierney, 1976: “On the Spectrum of a Ringed Topos”, in “Algebra, Topology and Category Theory: a collection of papers in honor of Samuel Eilenberg”, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- S.J. Vickers, 1987: “An Algorithmic Approach to the p-adic Integers”, in the Third Workshop on the Mathematical Foundations of Programming Language Semantics, held at Tulane University; Springer.Google Scholar