Project Graphs and meta-programs towards a theory of Software development
Project Graphs are acyclic directed graphs and define plans for the development of software.
Project Graphs are discussed from several Project Management and Software Engineering points of view, from the point of view of Programming Methodology, and also of Theoretical Computer Science — ie. from more informal, pragmatic viewpoints, via formal methodological viewpoints, to a strictly theoretical viewpoint.
Finally the architecture of a Software Development System is outlined. Within a single, unifying frame it embodies the management, engineering and science of software development.
KeywordsProof System Static Semantic Denotational Semantic Concrete Syntax Dynamic Semantic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bjlrner 77]Programming Languages: Formal Development of Interpreters and Compilers, in: Proceedings, Intl. Comp. Symp., ICS'77, North Holland Publ., pp. 1–21.Google Scholar
- [Bjlrner 80]— & Ole N. Oest: The DDC Ada Compiler Development Project, in: "Towards a Formal Description of Ada", Springer Lecture Notes, vol. 98, Nov. 1980, pp. 1–19.Google Scholar
- [Bjlrner 82]— & S.Prehn: Software Engineering Aspects of VDM, in: "Theory and Practice of Software Technology", Proc., Intl. Seminar, Capri, May 1982, (ed. Ferrari, Bolognani, Goguen) North-Holland Publ., 1983.Google Scholar
- [Scott 83]— & W.Scherlis: Inferential Programming, in: Proc. IFIP Congress '83, North-Holland Publ., 1983.Google Scholar
- [Sintzoff 84]Meta-Programs, in: Proc., Workshop on "Combining Specification", Nyborg, Denmark, May 1984, (eds. Bjlrner & Prehn) Springer NATO Advanced Systems Institute Series, forthcoming 1986.Google Scholar
- Dines Bjørner: DiProGS: A Distributed Project Graph System, Dept. of Comp. Sci., Techn. Univ. of Denmark, 20. April 1986, 22 pages.Google Scholar
- N.Nørgaard, I.Lysgaard Andersen, S.Aa Fly Hansen, M. Jess, and M. Frendorf: A Formal Specification of Project Graphs, Dept. of Comp. Sci., Techn. Univ. of Denmark, July 1986, 61 pages.Google Scholar
- S.Lynenskjold (et al.): A Project Graph Resource Allocator, Dept. of Comp. Sci., Techn. Univ. of Denmark, Fall 1986.Google Scholar