Parallel algorithms and static analysis of parallel programs
Within the framework of the metamodel of parallel data processing two sub-classes of models are distinguished supported by original language means. These means allow special marking of processing into subprocesses and to define various interactions between the PA-branches of p-algorithms. The use of the proposed languages generally requires a special construction of p-algorithms, in which information dependent subprocesses must be ordered. It makes it possible to detect the uniqueness and deadlock freedom of p-programs by means of polynomial complexity static analysis of texts. It is important to note that uniqueness is ensured in the conditions of real calculation on a computer.
KeywordsParallel Algorithm Finish Condition Sequential Algorithm Statement Read Loop Body
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Apt, K.R.: A static analysis of CSP programs. Lecture Notes in Comp. Sci. (1984), 164, 1–17.Google Scholar
- Ershov, A.P.: Operator algorithms. I. Problemy kibernetiki (1960), 3, 5–48.Google Scholar
- Golovyashkina, L.V., Kolosova, Yu.I., Kosarev, Yu.G., Mirenkov, N.N.: Automation of parallel programming based on existing translators. Vychislitelnye sistemy. (1968), 30, 63–69.Google Scholar
- Kerbel, V.G., Kolosova, Yu.I., Korneev, V.D., Krylov, E.G., Mirenkov, N.N.: Preprint, Institut Matematiki SOAN SSSR, Novosikirsk 1979.Google Scholar
- Lipton, R., Snyder, L., Zalcstein, Y.: Comparative study of Models of Parallel Computation. 15th Ann.Symp.on Switching and Automata Theory (1974), 145–155.Google Scholar
- Mirenkov, N.N.: Construction of unique and deadlock freedom parallel programs. Vychislitelnye sistemy (1985), 109, 3–27.Google Scholar
- Taylor, R.N.: A General-Purpose Algorithm for Analyzing Concurrent Programs. Comm. ACM, 26 (1983) 5, 362–376.Google Scholar