Specification of a pipelined event driven simulator using FP2
The pper deals with the specification of a pipelined event driven algorithm for discrete simulation using the Functional Parallel Programming Language FP2. We start with a short review of the pipelined event driven simulation algorithm and the main features of FP2. In the main part, the FP2 specification procedure and a proof methodology for liveness and correct termination of the specified network of processes are described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Abramovici, Y.H. Levendel, P.R. Menon: A Logic Simulation Machine, IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, 2 (1983), pp. 82–94Google Scholar
- E. Aposporidis, P. Mehring: Multilevel simulator for VLSI — an overview ESPRIT-Project 415, Subproject A, AEG, this volumeGoogle Scholar
- D. Bert, R. Echahed: Design and implementation of a generic, logic and functional programming language, Proc. ESOP 86, Hrs. B.Robinet und R.Wilhelm, LNCS 213, (1986), pp. 119–132Google Scholar
- H. Comon: Sufficient completeness, term rewriting systems and anti-unification, Proc. 8th Int. Conf. on Automated Deduction, Oxford, July 1986 LNCS 230, pp. 128–140Google Scholar
- Ph. Jorrand, Term Rewriting as a Basis for the Design of a Functional and Parallel Programming Language. A case study: the Language FP2, Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence, Hrs. W.Bibel und P.Jorrand, LNCS 232, (1987), pp. 221–276Google Scholar
- P. Schaefer, Ph. Schnoebelen: Specification of a pipelined event driven simulator ESPRIT-Project 415, Working Group on Semantics and Proof Techniques, Deliverable D2, 1986Google Scholar
- Ph. Schnoebelen, The semantics of concurrency in FP2 RR IMAG 558, LIFIA 30, Univ. Grenoble (1985)Google Scholar
- Ph. Schnoebelen, Rewriting techniques for the temporal analysis of communicating processes, this volumeGoogle Scholar
- J. Sifakis: A unified approach for studying the properties of transition systems, Theoretical Computer Science, 18 (1982), pp. 227–258Google Scholar