An asteroseismology explorer
In response to a NASA opportunity, a proposal has been made to study the concept of an Asteroseismology Explorer (ASE). The goal of the ASE would be to measure solar-like oscillations on many (perhaps hundreds) of stars during a 1-year mission, including many members of open clusters. We describe this proposal's observational goals, a strawman technical approach, and likely scientific rewards.
KeywordsStellar Disk Field Star Radial Order Stellar Companion Scientific Reward
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chiistensen-Dalsgaard, J. 1984, Space Research Prospects in Stellar Activity and Variability, A. Mangeney and F.. Praderie (eds.), Observatoire de Paris, p. 11.Google Scholar
- Christensen-Dalsgaard, J., Gough, D.O. and Toomre, J. 1985, Science 220, 923.Google Scholar
- Ulrich, R.K. 1986, Astrophys. J. 308, L37.Google Scholar
- Willson, R.C. 1979, Applied Optics 18, 179.Google Scholar
- Woodard, M. and Hudson, H.S. 1983, Nature 305, 589.Google Scholar