Nonlinear RR Lyrae models with time dependent convection
Results of convectioe, nonlinear RR Lyrae models are presented. The standard mixing length theory has been used with time dependence being introduced through the convective velocity phase lag technique. Turbulent pressure and turbulent viscosity are also included.Results are compared with those of other time dependent convection theories.
KeywordsFundamental Mode Convection Zone Convective Velocity Convective Flux Turbulent Pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Böhm-Vitense, E. 1958, Zz.Ap., 46, 108.Google Scholar
- Deupree, R.G. 1979, Ap.J., 234, 228.Google Scholar
- Hodson, S.W., and Cox, A.N. 1982, in “Pulsation in Classical and Cataclysmic Variable Stars“, eds. J.P. Cox and C. J. Hansen (Boulder: JILA reprint), p. 201.Google Scholar
- Pesnell, W.D. 1985, Ap.J., 299 161.Google Scholar
- Stellingwerf, R.F. 1974, Ap.J., 192 139.Google Scholar
- 1982, Ap.J., 262, 330.Google Scholar
- 1984a, Ap.J., 277, 322.Google Scholar
- 1984b, Ap.J., 277, 327.Google Scholar
- 1984c, Ap.J., 284, 712.Google Scholar