An algorithm for testing planarity of hierarchical graphs
An algorithm for k-line planarity testing of hierarchical graphs is described. If the graph is k-line planar the algorithm produces the corresponding embedding. The algorithm has time complexity O(∣V∣). Furthermore some forbidden patterns are identified, whose existence is necessary and sufficient for a hierarchical graph to be not k-line planar.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K.S.Booth, G.S.Lueker — Testing for the consecutive Ones Property, Interval Graphs, and Graph Planarity Using PQ-Tree Algorithms. Journal of Computer and System Sciences 13, 1976.Google Scholar
- S.Ceri (ed.) — Methodology and Tools for Data Base Design. North Holland, 1983.Google Scholar
- A.Shoshani — Statistical Databases: Characteristics, Problems, and Some Solutions. 8th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, 1982.Google Scholar
- D.S. Johnson — The NP-Completeness Column: An Ongoing Guide. Journal of Algorithms, vol.3, pg.97, 1982.Google Scholar
- J.N.Warfield — Crossing Theory and Hierarchy Mapping. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol.SMC-7, no.7, July 1977.Google Scholar