Continuum mechanical model for heavy ion induced desorption
The concept of a “hot core track region” (limited region in the track of the projectile ion, where the electron temperature is large compared to the lattice temperature before equilibration), as used in other works, is investigated. The results (lifetime, dimension and temperature of the HCTR) show that in insulator targets the formation of this HCTR can play an important role for the excitation of molecular motion. One possi ble mechanism for this excitation is investigated and discussed. In the macroscopic limit molecular neutral secondary yields are calculated by an estimate of the energy available for cluster formation.
KeywordsTransition Rate Pair Production Molecular Motion Excited Electron Continuum Mechanical Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Teilchendesorption von Nichtleiteroberflächen durch Schwerionen hoher Energie Guthier, W.; Thesis, TH Darmstadt (1986)Google Scholar
- 127-I Plasma Desorption Mass Spectrometry of Insuline Håkansson, P.; Kamensky, I.; Sundqvist, B.; Fohlmann, J.; Peterson, P.; McNeal, C.J.; MacFarlane, R.D., J.Am Chem. Soc. (1982), 104, 2948–1949Google Scholar
- Della Negra, S.;Becker, O.; Cotter, R.; LeBeyec, Y.; Monoret, B.; Standing, K.; Wien, K.; IPNO-DRE-86-09 Orsay (France), to be published in NIM BGoogle Scholar
- Wien, K.; priv. comm., presented to the Workshop on Physics of small Systems, Isle of Wangerooge, Sept. 1986Google Scholar
- A Modified Lattice Potential Model of Electronically Mediated Sputtering Watson, C.C.; Tombrello, T.A.; Rad.Eff. (1985) 89, 263–283Google Scholar
- Seiberling, L.E.; Griffith, J.E.; Tombrello, T.A.; Rad.Eff. (1980) 52, 201Google Scholar
- Itoh, N.; Nakayama, T.; Tombrello, T.A.; Phys.Lett. 108A (1985) 9, 480–484Google Scholar
- Sundqvist, B.; priv. comm., presented to the Workshop on Physics of small Systems, Isle of Wangerooge, Sept. 1986Google Scholar
- Ziegler, J.F.; Biersack, J.P.; Littmark, U.; Handbook Vol.5 of “The Stopping and Ranges of Ions in Solids”, Perg.Press (1980). The formula was calculated using a numerical program from the Darmstadt group (O.Becker, K.Wien).Google Scholar
- Correlation Effects of Secondary Ion Emission Schmidt, L.; Jungclas, H.; see article in this bookGoogle Scholar