Categories, data types, and imperative languages
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 240)
Part I Tutorials
KeywordsMonoidal Category Record Type Abstract Data Type Folk Theorem Imperative Language
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- "Algebraic Theories, Data Types, and Control Constructs," IBM Research Report RC-11343, 8/29/85. Invited paper to appear in Fundamenta Informaticae.Google Scholar
- "Categorical Semantics, or Extending Data Types to Include Memory," IBM Research Report 11456 (10/18/85), to appear in Recent Trends in Data Type Specification: 3rd Workshop on Theory and Applications of Abstract Data Types · Selected Papers, (Edited by H.-J. Kreowski), Informatik-Fachberichte 116, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Hoehnke, H-J., "On Partial Algebras," Colloquia Mathematica Societatis Janos Bolyai, 29. Universal Algebra, Esztergom (Hungary), 1977. pp 373–412.Google Scholar
- Hoehnke, H-J., "On Yoneda-Schreckenberger's Embedding of a class of Monoidal Categories," 1985, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- MacLane, S. Categories for the Working Mathematician," Springer-Verlag, New York, Heidelberg, Berlin, (1971).Google Scholar
- Schreckenberger, J., Über die Einbettung von dht-symmetrischen Kategorien in die Kategorie der partiellen Abbildungen zwischen Mengen," Preprint P-12/80, Akad. Wiss. der DDR, ZI Math. und Mech., Berlin 1980.Google Scholar
- Bloom, S.L., and Wagner, E.G., "Many-sorted theories and their Algebras with some Applications to Data Types," in Algebraic Methods in Semantics, (Nivat, M., and Reynolds, J.C., Eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, (1985) pp 133–168.Google Scholar
- Goguen, J.A., Thatcher, J.W., Wagner, E.G., and Wright, J.B., "An initial algebra approach to the specification, correctness, and implementation of abstract data types." IBM Research Report RC-6487 (October 1976). Current Trends in Programming Methodology, IV: Data Structuring (R. Yeh, ed.) Prentice Hall, New Jersey (1977).Google Scholar
- Jensen, K., Wirth, N., PASCAL User Manual and Report, 2nd Ed., Springer-Verlag, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1986