Parallel compilation on a multiprocessor system
To date few serious attempts have been made to study the development of compilers capable of fully exploiting architectures of multiprocessor systems. This paper describes one such effort based on the existing multiprocessor system DIRMU-25 developed at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg. A parallel compiling scheme is proposed and implementation of its parts is discussed. Finally, the achieved results and experiences are summarized and directions for further research are indicated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohen, J., Kolodner, S.: Estimating the Speedup in Parallel Parsing. IEEE Trans. on Soft. Eng., Vol. 11, Jan. 1985, pp. 114–124.Google Scholar
- Händler, W., Maehle, E., Wirl, K.: The DIRMU Testbed for High-Performance Multiprocessor Configurations. In Proceedings of the 1-st International Conference on Supercomputing Systems, St. Petersburg, Dec. 1985, pp. 468–475.Google Scholar
- Lewis, M.P., Rosenkrantz, D.J., Stearns, R.E.: Compiler Design Theory. Addison-Wesley Publ. Comp., Reading, 1976.Google Scholar
- Mickunas, M.D., Schell, M.R.: Parallel Compilation in a Multiprocessor Environment. In Proceedings 1978 Annual Conference, ACM, Dec. 1978, Washington, D.C., pp. 241–246.Google Scholar
- Wirth, N.: Algorithms+Data Structures=Programs. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New York, 1976.Google Scholar