In this paper we introduce nested resolution, a new nonclausal resolution rule which offers shorter proofs than are possible using conventional nonclausal resolution. Nested resolution also has a local flavor that makes it particularly suitable for parallel implementation. Completeness and soundness proofs are given.
KeywordsParallel Implementation Conjunctive Normal Form Ground Instance Original Rule Ground Resolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [MW1]Manna and Waldinger. A deductive approach to program synthesis. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol. 2, No 1, 1980.Google Scholar
- [MW2]Manna and Waldinger, Special relations in automated deduction. Journal of the ACM., Vol 33, No 1, Jan 1986.Google Scholar
- [Ma]Malachi, Nonclausal logic programming. Ph.D. Thesis. Stanford University. March 1986.Google Scholar
- [Mu]Murray, Completely non-clausal theorem proving. Artificial Intelligence, Vol 18, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Ro]Robinson, A machine-oriented logic based on the resolution principle. Journal of the ACM., Vol. 12, No 1, Jan 1965Google Scholar