Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 257)
Renormalisation group methods for circle mappings
KeywordsUnstable Manifold Stable Manifold Rotation Number Golden Ratio Fibonacci Sequence
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Cvitanović, M. H. Jensen, L. P. Kadanoff, and I. Procaccia, Renormalization, unstable manifolds, and the fractal structure of mode locking, Phys. Rev. Lett. 55 (1985) 343–346.Google Scholar
- 2.J. D. Farmer and I. I. Satija, Renormalization of the quasiperiodic transition to chaos for arbitrary winding numbers, Phys. Rev. A. 5 (1985) 3520–3522.Google Scholar
- 3.M. J. Feigenbaum, L. P. Kadanoff, and S. J. Shenker, Quasiperiodicity in dissipative systems: a renormalization group analysis, Physics 5D (1982) 370–386.Google Scholar
- 4.M. H. Jensen, P. Bak, and T. Bohr, Complete devil's staircase, fractal dimension, and universality of mode-locking structure in the circle map, Phys. Rev. Lett. 50 (1983) 1637–1639.Google Scholar
- 5.O. E. Lanford, Introduction to the mathematical theory of dynamical systems, in Chaotic Behaviour of Deterministic Systems, Les Houches Session XXXVI (1981), G. Iooss, R. H. G. Helleman, and R. Stora eds. (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1983) 5–51.Google Scholar
- 6.B. Mestel, Ph. D. Dissertation, Department of Mathematics, Warwick University (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Ostlund, D. Rand, J. Sethna, and E. Siggia, Universal properties of the transition from quasi-periodicity to chaos in dissipative systems, Physica 8D (1983) 303–342.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Rand, Universality for critical golden circle maps and the breakdown of dissipative golden invariant tori, Cornell University Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics preprint, September 1984.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1986