Some new results on a restricted channel routing problem
In the Manhattan model, a two-terminal channel routing subproblem is considered, where the run length is at most two and for each net, its exit terminal is to the right of its entry terminal. For this problem, a lower bound of d+3 tracks, where d is the density, is derived and a polynomial optimal algorithm is given.
KeywordsExchange Path Horizontal Segment Entry Column Destination Track Channel Route
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hashimoto A. and Stevens J. "Wire Routing by Optimizing Channel Assignment within Large Apertures", Proc. 8-th Design Automation Workshop, IEEE (1971), 214–224.Google Scholar
- Hightower D. "The Interconnection Problem: A Tutorial", Computer 7, 4 (April 1974), 18–32.Google Scholar
- Deutsch D. N. "A ‘Dogleg’ Channel Router", Proc. 19-th Design Automation Conference, IEEE (1976), 425–433.Google Scholar
- Preparata, F. P. and Lipsky W. "Optimal Three-Layer Channel Routing", IEEE Transections on Computers, 33, 5 (May 1984), 427–437.Google Scholar
- Kawamoto T. and Kajitani Y. "The Minimum Width Routing of a 2-Row 2-Layer Polycell-Layout", Proc. 16-th Design Automation Conference, IEEE (1979), 290–296.Google Scholar
- Szymanski T. "Dogleg Channel Routing is NP-complete", to appear.Google Scholar
- Rivest R. L., Baratz A. E. and Miller G. "Provably Good Channel Routing Algorithms", Proc. CMU Conference on VLSI Systems and Computations, (1981), 153–159.Google Scholar
- Baker B. S., S. N. Bhatt and T. Leighton "An Approximation Algorithm for Manhattan Routing", Advances in Computing Research, 2, (1984), 205–229.Google Scholar
- Brown D. and Rivest R. L. "New Lower Bounds on Channel Width", Proc. CMU Conference on VLSI Systems and Computations, (Computer Science Press 1981), 178–185.Google Scholar
- Yoshimura T. and Kuh E. "Efficient Algorithms for Channel Routing", IEEE Transections on Computer, CAD-1, 1 (January 1982), 25–35.Google Scholar
- Lodi E. and Preparata F. P. "A Heuristic for Manahattan Routing" to appear.Google Scholar
- Kerninghan B. W., Schweickert D. G., Persky G. "An Optimum Channel-Routing Algorithm for Polycell Layouts of Integrated Circuits", Proc. 11-th DA Workshop, 1973, 26–46.Google Scholar