Companions to α orionis
Detection of two close optical companions to the red supergiant a Ori was accomplished using the PAPA detector for data recording, and speckle imaging for image reconstruction. Our analysis favors an interpretation in which the two optical sources are stellar companions to a Ori.The observed time dependent variations of the polarization of a Ori can be interpreted as being due to a systemic asymmetry created by one of the companions.
KeywordsPosition Angle Optical Source Close Companion Bright Feature Speckle Interferometry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bloemhof, E.E., Townes, C.M., Vanderwiek, A.M.B. 1984, Ap.J. (Letters), L21.Google Scholar
- Goldberg, L. 1984, P.A.S.P., 96, 336.Google Scholar
- Goldberg, L., Hege, K., Hubbard, E.N., Strittmatter, P.A., Cooke, W.J. 1981, SAO Special Report, 392, 131.Google Scholar
- Hayes, D.P., 1984, Ap.J. (Supplem.), 55, 179.Google Scholar
- Karovska, M., 1984, Thesis, University of Nice.Google Scholar
- Papaliolios, C., Nisenson, P., Ebstein, S. 1984, Appl. Opt., 24, 287.Google Scholar