Chromospheric and transition zone parameters in FK comae stars
Optical and ultraviolet data for the fast rotating giants of the FK Comae type have been analyzed to study their chromospheres and Transition Zones. From relative line intensities, electron densities of 1010 to 1011 cm−3 are found for the region where the SiIV emission arises. From the emission measure distribution, we derive an estimate of the sizes of the chromospheres and TZ of these stars. Furthermore, the emission line strengths are compared to what is expected from the rotation-activity correlation that has been established for other late-type stars.
KeywordsSpot Model Relative Line Intensity High Rotation Velocity Accretion Stream CaII Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bianchi,L.,Grewing,M.9.,Kappelmann,-N.,Cassatella,A.,1984,ESA SP-218,355Google Scholar
- Bianchi,L.,Grewing,M.,Kappelmann,N.,1985,A.A.,149,49Google Scholar
- Bopp,B.W.,Rucinski,S.M.,1981, IAU Symp. 93,p.177Google Scholar
- Grewing,M.,Bianchi.,L.,Cassatella,A.,1985a,A.A.,preprintGoogle Scholar
- Jordan,C.,Wilson,R.,l981, in ‘Physics of the solar corona',ed.C.Macris, Reidel Pub.Co.,Dordrecht,p.211Google Scholar
- Jordan,C.,Brown,A.,1981,M.N.R.A.S.,196, 757Google Scholar
- Vilhu,O.,1984,A.A.,133,117Google Scholar