Rational debugging in logic programming
A debugger for Prolog has been developed which automates the reasoning ability required to pinpoint errors, resorting to the user only to ask about the intended program semantics, and making cooperative use of the declarative and the operational semantics. The algorithm is expressed in detail, a session protocol exhibited, comparison to other work made, but the implementation is not examined, nor the treatment of Prolog's extra-logical features. This is an abridged version of [Pereira 86].
KeywordsLogic Program Logic Programming Operational Semantic Wrong Mode Proof Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Lloyd 86]Lloyd, J. Declarative error diagnosis, Research report, Melbourne Univ.Google Scholar
- [Bruynooghe Pereira 84]Bruynooghe, M.: Pereira, L.M. Deduction revision through intelligent backtracking in “Issues in Prolog Implementation” (J.Campbell ed.), Ellis HorwoodGoogle Scholar
- [Ferrand 85]Ferrand, G. Error diagnosis in logic programming, an adaptation of E. Y. Shapiro method, Rapport de Recherche 375, INRIA, Rocquencourt, 78153 Le Chesnay, FranceGoogle Scholar
- [Av-Ron 84]Av-Ron, E. Top-down diagnosis of Prolog programs, Weizmanm InstituteGoogle Scholar
- [Pereira Porto 82]Pereira, L.M.; Porto, A. Selective backtracking in “Logic Programming” (K.Clark, S.Tarnlund eds.), Academic Press 1982Google Scholar
- [Pereira 86]Pereira, L.M., Rational debugging in logic programming, Research report, Univ. Nova de LisboaGoogle Scholar
- [Shapiro 82]Shapiro, E. Algorithmic program debugging in “Proc. of 9th annual ACM Symp. on Principles of Programming Languages”Google Scholar
- [Shapiro 83]Shapiro, E. “Algorithmic Debugging” M.I.T. Press 1983Google Scholar