On program transformation with tupling technique
In this paper, we construct a theory for an automatic program transformation with tupling technique. We introduce a purely applicative programming language and formalize a problem to find a tuple for transformation of a recursive program written in the language. We discuss the transformation scheme with the tuple given as the solution to the problem and show that the execution efficiency will be improved by the new scheme. Under a certain constraint, we describe the method to find a tuple for a given program.
KeywordsAuxiliary Function Function Symbol Recursive Call Program Transformation Recursive Program
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cohen, N.H.: Eliminating Redundant Recursive Calls. ACM Trans. Prog. Lang. Syst. 4. 1, pp256–299 (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.Koga,A.: On Program Transformation with Tupling Technique. Master's thesis, Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University,(Feb, 1983)Google Scholar
- 6.Pettorossi, A.: Improving Memory Utilization in Transforming Programs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science No. 64, pp416–425. Berlin-Heidelberg New York: Springer (1978)Google Scholar
- 7.Pettorossi, A.: Transformation of Programs and Use of "Tupling Strategy". Proc. of Informatica '77 Conference, Bled, Yugoslavia, 3–103, pp1–6 (1977)Google Scholar
- 9.Wand, M.: Continuation-based Program Transformation Strategies. JACM 27, 1, pp164–180Google Scholar