Microscopic relativistic description of nucleon-nucleus scattering
Microscopic relativistic optical potentials have been calculated for closed shell nuclei at energies near 200 MeV. These calculations go beyond the simple RIA by resolving ambiguities in the relativistic NN amplitudes and including Pauli blocking corrections.
The calculations quantitatively reproduce all measured elastic spin observables (both Ay and Q) for closed shell nuclei at energies near 200 MeV. It remains to be seen how unique this good description is. Further nonrelativistic work to compare with this relativistic approach would be very useful.
KeywordsLocal Density Approximation Optical Potential Ladder Diagram Spin Observable Shell Nucleus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C.J. Horowitz and Brian D. Serot, Nucl. Phys., A368:503 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.L.G. Arnold, et al., Phys. Rev., C23:1949 (1981); B.C. Clark, et al., Proceedings of “The Interaction Between Medium Energy Nucleons in Nuclei”, H.O. Meyer, ed., AIP #97, Bloomington, IA (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.C.J. Horowitz, Phys. Rev., C31:1340 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.J.A. Tjon and S.J. Wallace, University of Maryland preprint 85-052 (1985), submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett. Google Scholar
- 6.L. Rikus and H.V. von Germab, Nucl. Phys., A426:469 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.J.A. McNeil, L. Ray and S.J. Wallace, Phys. Rev., C27:2123 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Holinde, K. Ekelenz and R. Alzetta, Nucl. Phys., A194:161 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.E. Stevenson, Proceedings of “Dirac Approaches to Nuclear Physics”, Los Alamos (1985), and private communication.Google Scholar
- 10.B.C. Clark, private communication (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.F.A. Brieva and J.R. Rook, Nucl. Phys., A291:317 (1977).Google Scholar
- 12.P. Schwandt, H.O. Meyer, W.W. Jacobs, A.D. Bacher, S.E. Vigdo, M.D. Kaitchuck and T.R. Donoghue, Phys. Rev., C26:55 (1982).Google Scholar
- 13.D.A. Hutcheon, J.M. Cameron, R.P. Liljestrand, P. Kitching, C.A. Miller, M.J. McDonald, D.M. Shephard, W.C. Olsen, G.C. Neilson, H.S. Sherif, R.N. MacDonald, G.M. Stinson, D.K. McDaniels, J.R. Tinsley, L.W. Swenson, P. Schwandt, C.E. Stronach and L. Ray in: “Polarization Phenomena in Nuclear Physics, G.G. Ohlsen, ed., (1980) (AIP, 1981).Google Scholar
- 14.C.W. Glover, P. Schwandt, H.O. Meye, W.W. Jacobs, J.R. Hall, M.D. Kaitchuck and R.P. DeVito, Phys. Rev., C31:1 (1985).Google Scholar
- 15.15.C.J. Horowitz and B.D. Serot, Phys. Letts., 137B:287 (1984), and to be published.Google Scholar
- 16.L. Ray and G.W. Hoffman, Phys. Rev. C31:538 (1985).Google Scholar