Superposition of solutions in general relativity
Conditions are established under which the Einstein equations of General Relativity behave like linear equations in the sense that the sum of an exact and an approximate solution is a new exact solution. Superposition theorems are obtained for the vacuum Einstein equations with and without cosmological constant, the coupled Einstein-Maxwell equations, and the Einstein equations for a perfect fluid.
KeywordsCosmological Constant Einstein Equation Blackhole Solution Perfect Fluid Algebraic Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R.M. Wald: In General Relativity (University of Chicago Press, 1984)Google Scholar
- 5.W. Rindler: Essential Relativity: Special, General and Cosmological (Van Nostrand, 1969)Google Scholar
- 7.K. Kahn, R. Penrose: Nature 229, 185 (1971)Google Scholar
- 8.B.C. Xanthopoulos: University of Crete preprint (1985)Google Scholar
- 9.B.C. Xanthopoulos: University of Crete preprint (1985)Google Scholar