The regularization method in heavy-ion optical-potential analyses
The well-known ill-posed nature of the potential fitting problem requires the use of regularization schemes in order to yield a unique solution. We describe a treatment by Turchin's statistical regularization method, properly generalized to the non-linear case of potential fitting. In the framework of this method a careful discussion of the meaning of error bands is also presented.
KeywordsModel Space Regularization Method Iteration Scheme Regularization Scheme Expansion Basis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.C. Sabatier, these proceedings, first articleGoogle Scholar
- V.F. Turchin, V.P. Kozlov, and M.S. Malkevich, Sov. Phys. Usp. 13 (1971) 681Google Scholar
- V.P. Zhigunov, preprint IHEP 79-107, Serpukhov 1979Google Scholar
- D.W. Marquardt, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 11 (1963) 431Google Scholar
- H.J. Krappe and H.H. Rossner, Z. f. Phys. A 314 (1983) 149Google Scholar