Csp-programs as nets with individual tokens
We define a subclass of predicate/transition-nets and show how to translate CSP-programs into such nets. We consider a subset of CSP for which Hennessy, Li and Plotkin have given an operational semantics in [HLP]. We show that the firing sequences of our net translation correspond to this operational semantics. Additionally, we also give a non-interleaving semantics to CSP by considering unfoldings and processes of the net translation.
This enables us to analyse CSP-programs applying net theoretic methods.
KeywordsOperational Semantic Initial Place Translation Function Firing Sequence Firing Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BG]E. Best, U. Goltz: "Reachable Markings and Discrete Processes", Internal report, 1983Google Scholar
- [GLT]H.J. Genrich, K. Lautenbach, P.S. Thiagarajan: "Elements of General Net Theory", in: Net Theory and Applications, LNCS 84, 1980Google Scholar
- [GM1]U. Goltz, A. Mycroft: "On the Relationship of CCS and Petri Nets", in: proc. ICALP 1984, LNCS 172Google Scholar
- [GM2]U. Goltz, A. Mycroft: "Net Behaviour Representations and Equivalence Notions", unpublished manuscriptGoogle Scholar
- [GR]U. Goltz, W. Reisig: "The Non-Sequential Behaviour of Petri Nets", Information and Control, Vol. 57, Nos. 2–3, May/June 1983Google Scholar
- [GV]U. Goltz, U. Vogt: "Processes of Relation Nets", in: Petri Nets and Related Models, Newsletter No. 14, June 1983Google Scholar
- [HLP]M. Hennessy, W. Li, G. Plotkin: "A first Attempt at Translating CSP into CCS", in: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Distributed Computing, Paris 1981, IEEE, No. 81 CH 1591-7Google Scholar
- [Ma]David May: "Occam", SIGPLAN Notices, Vol. 18, No. 4, April 1983Google Scholar
- [NPW]M. Nielsen, G. Plotkin, G. Winskel: "Petri Nets, Event Structures and Domains", TCS 13, No. 1, Jan. 1981Google Scholar
- [Re1]W. Reisig: A Petri Net Primer", Springer-Verlag 1984, to appearGoogle Scholar
- [Re2]W. Reisig: "Partial Order Semantics for CSP-like Languages and its Impact on Fairness", in: proc. ICALP 1984, LNCS 172Google Scholar
- [Wi]G. Winskel: "A New Definition of Morphism on Petri Nets", in: proc. STACS 1984, LNCS 166Google Scholar