Nuclear stopping power
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 221)
2. Theory of Quark and Hadron Matter, Cosmology
KeywordsLead Nucleus Outgoing Momentum Fractional Energy Loss Multiple Scattering Model Average Rapidity Loss
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.For discussions and reviews of various aspects of soft hadronic physics see the proceedings of the annual Symposia on Multiparticle Dynamics. e.g. XV Symposium, Lund, June 1984; see also Fiałkowski, K. and Kittel, W., Reports on Progress in Physics 46 (1983) p. 1283.Google Scholar
- 5.Forrest, P., et al,, private communication from Heller, K.Google Scholar
- 10.Pondrom, L., private communication, to be published in Physics Reports.Google Scholar
- 11.Remsberg, L.P., et al., AGS Proposal 790, 1984Google Scholar
- 15.For a discussion of why to-date experimental data in hadron-nucleus collisions have not been too successful in discriminating between various models of particle production, see Busza, W., Proceedings of the XV Symposium on Multiparticle Dynamics, Lund, June 1984.Google Scholar
- 16.For reviews of theoretical models see, for example, Nikolaev, N.N., Sov. J. Part. Nucl. 12 (1981) p. 63; Chao, W.Q., et al., Heidelberg preprint 1983. Examples of more recent attempts at modelling hadron-nucleus or nucleus-nucleus physics and other references can be found in: Capella, A., et al., CERN preprint TH.3700-CERN (1983); Białas, A., Munich preprint MPI-PAE/PTh 33/84 (1984); Hwa, R.C., et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 52 (1984) p. 492 and Oregon preprint OITS-256 (1984); Hufner, J. and Klar, A, to be published Phys. Lett. B (1984); Csernai, L.P., and Kapusta, J.I., Minnesota preprint UMTNP-70 (1984); Wong, C.Y., Phys. Rev. Lett. 52 (1984) p. 1393 and Phys. Rev. D30 (1984).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1985