The effect of varying the bandfilling in a Peierls conductor
We have considered the effect of changing the electronic bandfilling on the basic properties of the Peierls conductor when it is neither almost empty nor close to half filled. We calculate the zero-temperature gap |Δ|o as well as the relation between |Δ|o and the transition temperature Tc in the mean field approximation. When necessary we maintain cthe specific wavevector dependence of the electron-phonon coupling appropriate for the tight binding approximation. Our results are relevant for the interpretation of charge transfer salts with intermediate bandfillings.
KeywordsElectron Band Structure Weak Coupling Limit Tight Binding Approximation Umklapp Process Soliton Lattice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.A. Toombs, Physics Reports C 40, 181 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.M.J. Rice, S. Strässler and W.R. Schneider, Lecture Notes in Physics 34, 282 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.J.B. Nielsen and K. Carneiro, Solid State Commun. 33, 1097 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.P.A. Lee, T.M. Rice and P.W. Anderson, Solid State Commun. 14, 703 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Baeriswyl, to be published in “Theoretical Aspects of Band Structures and Electronic Properties of Pseudo-One-Dimensional Solids” (ed. H. Karmimura, D. Reidel Publishing Company).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Kotani, J. Phys. S. Japan 42, 416 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.P.Y. Le Daéron and S. Aubry, J. Phys. C 16, 4827 (1983).Google Scholar