Inertial dynamics of CDW transport in NbSe3
We report the observation of effects due to the inertial mass of the CDW condensate in the high frequency conductivity of NbSe3. Our measurements yield experimental values for the damping and effective mass and are in agreement with classical models of CDW transport.
KeywordsEffective Mass Carrier Density Inertial Mass Complex Conductivity Bridge Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Buravov and I. F. Schegolev, Prob. Tekh. Eksp. Instrum. Exp. Tech. (USSR) 14(2), 171 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.N. Marcuvitz, “Waveguide Handbook,” MIT Radiation Lab Series, McGraw Hill (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Wu, L. Mihaly, and G. Grüner, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Gruner, A. Zawadowski, and P. M. Chaikin, Phys. Rev. Lett. 46, 511 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Grüner and Z. Zettl, to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Lee, T. M. Rice, and P. W. Anderson, Solid State Comm. 14, 703 (1974).Google Scholar