Thermal conductivity of layered dichalcogenides
We have measured the thermal conductivity of 1T-TaS2 and 2H-TaSe2. We observe strong anomalies in both compounds at the charge density wave onset temperatures. The temperature dependence of the phonon thermal conductivity of 2H-TaSe2 can be well fitted by a relaxation time constant above Tc and increasing under Tc up to its “normal” value. This implies that short range order is already present at room temperature,in accordance with Mc Millan's prediction.
KeywordsThermal Conductivity Short Range Order Phonon Scattering Charge Density Wave Electronic Thermal Conductivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).J. Lopez Castillo and M. Núñez Regueiro, to be published.Google Scholar
- 2).M. Naito and S. Tanaka, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 43, 1839 (1981)Google Scholar
- 3).P. G. De Gennes and J. Friedel, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 4, 71 (1958)Google Scholar
- 4).R. Berman, Thermal Conductivity of Solids, Clarendon Press, Oxford, p. 37.Google Scholar
- 5).Y. Suemune, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 22, 735 (1967)Google Scholar
- 6).W. L. Mc Millan, Phys. Rev., B16, 643 (1977)Google Scholar