Landau theory of 2H-TaSe2
The recently determined structure of the commensurate superlattice state of 2H-TaSe2 is analysed in terms of the phenomenological free energy expansion of Jacobs and Walker. It is shown that the magnitude of the inter-layer term is considerably larger than has been previously assumed. Some consequences of this are discussed.
KeywordsLandau Theory Phase Pattern Basic Lattice Displacement Pattern Convergent Beam Electron Diffraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.Vincent, D.M.Bird and J.W.Steeds 1984 Phil. Mag. in pressGoogle Scholar
- 2.D.M.Bird 1984 J.Phys.C in pressGoogle Scholar
- 3.D.M.Bird, S.McKernan and J.W.Steeds 1984 J.Phys.C in pressGoogle Scholar
- 4.A.E.Jacobs and M.B.Walker 1980 Phys. Rev. B 21, 4132Google Scholar
- 5.K.K.Fung et al. 1981 J.Phys.C 14, 5417Google Scholar
- 6.D.E.Moncton, J.D.Axe and F.J.Disalvo 1977 Phys. Rev B 16, 801Google Scholar
- 7.D.M.Bird and R.L.Withers 1984 to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 8.M.B.Walker and A.E.Jacobs 1981 Phys. Rev. B 24, 6770Google Scholar
- 9.M.B.Walker and A.E.Jacobs 1982 Phys. Rev. B 25, 4856Google Scholar
- 10.W.L.McMillan 1982 preprintGoogle Scholar
- 11.P.B.Littlewood and T.M.Rice 1982 Phys. Rev. Lett. 48, 27Google Scholar
- 12.J.A.Wilson and R.Vincent 1984 J.Phys.F 14, 123Google Scholar