Neutron studies of the blue bronzes K0.3MoO3 and Rb0.3MoO3
The quasi one-dimensional conductors K0.3MoO3 and RbO.3MoO3 exhibit a CDW driven Peierls transition at Tc = 180 K. We report on recent inelastic and elastic neutron scattering measurements on these compounds. Some low lying phonon dispersion branches have been measured in the metallic phase. The behaviour of the Kohn anomaly has been studied between room temperature and Tc. Below Tc the value of the CDW wavevector has been determined as a function of temperature.
KeywordsCharge Density Wave Cold Neutron Phonon Dispersion Curve Phonon Branch Threshold Electric Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Fogle and J.H. Perlstein, Phys. Rev. B6, 1402 (1972).Google Scholar
- 1a.R. Brusetti et al in “Recent Developments in Condensed Matter Physics”, Vol. 2, Ed. J.T. de Vreese et al (Plenum, 1981) p. 181.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Ghedira, J. Chenavas, M. Marezio and J. Marcus, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 3.J.P. Pouget, S. Kagoshima, C. Schlenker and J. Marcus, J. Physique-Lettres 44, L113 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Dumas and C. Schlenker, Proc. ICSM (1984); This conference and references therein.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Sato, H. Fujishita and S. Hoshino, J. Phys. C Solid State 16, L877 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.J.P. Pouget, C. Escribe-Filippini, B. Hennion, R. Currat, A.H. Moudden, R. Moret, J. Marcus and C. Schlenker, in Proceeding ICSM (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.C.H. Chen, L.F. Schneemeyer and R.M. Fleming, Phys. Rev. B29, 3765 (1983)Google Scholar
- 8.K. Carneiro, G. Shirane, S.A. Werner and S. Kaiser, Phys. Rev. B13, 4258 (1976).Google Scholar