A linear-time algorithm for determining the intersection type of two star polygons
In this paper, we present a linear time algorithm for determining the intersection type of two star polygons and prove its correctness. The algorithm exploits the sorted angular order of the vertices of a star polygon and, thus, avoiding the general step of sorting the polygonal vertices.
KeywordsLine Segment Linear Time Algorithm Simple Polygon Star Point Clockwise Order
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.I.Shamos,Computational Geometry,Ph.D. Thesis,Yale University,1978.Google Scholar
- 2.D.Montuno and A.Fournier,"Detecting Intersection among Star Polygons",Computer Systems Research Group,University of Toronto, Tech.Rept.CSRG-146 (September 1982).Google Scholar
- 3.H.Freeman and P.P.Loutrel,"An algorithm for the solution of the two dimensional hidden line problem",IEEE Trans. Electron. Comput. EC-16,No.6 (December 1967),784–790.Google Scholar
- 4.D.T. Lee,"Visibility of a Simple Polygon",Computer Vision,Graphics and Image Processing,vol.22,no.2(May 1983),207–221.Google Scholar
- 5.B.Chazelle and D.P.Dobkin, "Detection is easier than computation", Proc. of 12th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, Los Angles (1980), 146–153.Google Scholar