Effect of boundaries on periodic patterns
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 210)
KeywordsLinear Stability Analysis Periodic Pattern Infinite System Oscillatory Instability Real Negative Root
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.This model was introduced by Swift and Hohenberg (Phys.Rev. A15, 319 (1977)) in the context of Rayleigh-Bénard convection,and its wavelength selection properties were first studied by Pomeau and Manneville (J.Phys.Lett. 40, L-609 (1979); Phys.Lett. 75A, 296 (1980)).Google Scholar
- 2.L.Kramer and P.C. Hohénberg (to be published).Google Scholar
- 3.P.C. Hohenberg, L. Kramer and H. Riecke (to be published).Google Scholar
- 4.We omit all finite-e corrections.Google Scholar
- 5.A.C. Newell and J.C. Whitehead, J.Fluid Mech. 38, 279 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.L.A. Segel, J.Fluid Mech. 38, 203 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Pomeau and S. Zaleski, C.R. Acad.Sci. Paris, 290B, 505 (1980); J. Phys.(Paris) 42, 515 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Potier Ferry, in “Collapse: The Buckling of Structures in Theory and Practice”, J.M.T. Thomson and G.W. Hunt, ed., (Cambridge University Press, 1983).Google Scholar
- 10.The results are formulated for boundary conditions implemented on the large-x end of the system. If this is reversed the signs of aid have to be reversed.Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Pomeau and S. Zaleski, J.Phys.Lett. (Paris) 44, L–135 (1983).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1984