Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 173)
A theory of data type representation independence
KeywordsData Type High Level Language Type Expression Primitive Type Normal Application
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Demers 78]Demers, A., J. Donahue, and G. Skinner, “Data Types as Values: Polymorphism, Type-Checking, Encapsulation,” Proceedings of the Fifth ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, 1978, pp. 23–30.Google Scholar
- [Demers 80]Demers, A., and J. Donahue, “The Russell Semantics: An Exercise in Abstract Data Types,” TR 80-431, Department of Computer Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1980.Google Scholar
- [Donahue 79]Donahue, J., “On the Semantics of ‘Data Type',” SIAM J. Comput., 1979, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 546–560.Google Scholar
- [Fokkinga 81]Fokkinga, M., “On the Notion of Strong Typing,” in Algorithmic Languages, de Bakker and van Vliet (eds.), North-Holland, 1981, pp. 305–320.Google Scholar
- [Haynes 82]Haynes, C., A Theory of Data Type Representation Independence, Ph.D. Dissertation and Technical Report 82-04, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1982.Google Scholar
- [McCracken 79]McCracken, N., An Investigation of a Programming Language with Polymorphic Type Structure, Ph.D. Dissertation, School of Computer and Information Science, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 1979.Google Scholar
- [McCracken 83]McCracken, N., “A finitary retract model for the polymorphic lambda-calculus,” TR 83-2, School of Computer and Information Science, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Reynolds 74]Reynolds, J., “Towards a Theory of Type Structure,” Programming Symposium Proceedings, Paris, 1974, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 19, Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, pp. 408–424.Google Scholar
- [Reynolds 83]Reynolds, J., “Types, Abstraction, and Parametric Polymorphism,” Proceedings of the IFIP Congress, Paris, September 1983.Google Scholar
- [Scott 76]Scott, D., “Data Types as Lattices,” SIAM J. Comput., 1976, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 522–587.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1984