Principality results about some matrix languages families
We investigate the family of matrix languages (studied by A. Salomaa) and the family of matrix languages of index less than K (studied by J. Beauquier and G. Paun), for each K ≥ 1. We solve an open problem : all these families are principal rational cones. Moreover, we establish a relation between their respective generators.
KeywordsFinite Index Control Word Formal Language Theory Matrix Grammar Matrix Language
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BEAUQUIER J. (79): Deux familles de langages incomparables, Information and Control 43, 101–122.Google Scholar
- BERSTEL J. (79): Transductions and Context-Free languages, B.G. Teubner, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- GREIBACH S.A. (77): Control Sets on Context-Free Grammar Forms, J. Computer Systems Sci. 15, 35–98.Google Scholar
- PAUN G. (77): On the index of grammars and languages, Inf. and Control 35, 259–266.Google Scholar
- PAUN G. (79): On the family of finite index matrix languages, J.C.S.S. 18, 267–280.Google Scholar
- PAUN G. (80): O ierarchie infinita de limbaje matriceale, St. Cerc. Math., Bucaresti, 32, 267–280.Google Scholar
- PAUN G. (81): Gramatici Matriciale, Editura Stiintifica si Enciclopeca, Bucuresti.Google Scholar
- PAUN G. (83): Some Context-free like properties of finite index matrix languages, Bull. Math. Soc. Sci. Math. R.S. Roumanie, 27, 83–87.Google Scholar
- SALOMAA A. (73): Formal Languages, Academic Press, New York and London.Google Scholar