Optimal layouts of the tree of meshes with vertices on the perimeter of the bounding convex region
The lower bound for the minimal bisection width of the tree of meshes with respect to all vertices (w.r.t. all leaves) is determined in both cases. On the basis of these results the lower bounds of layout area with all vertices (leaves) on the perimeter of the bounding convex region, which coincide with upper bounds, are stated.
KeywordsPlanar Graph Factor Graph Optimal Layout Convex Region Complete Binary Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brent, R.P., Kung, H.T.: On the area of binary tree layouts. Information Processing Letters, 11, 1980, pp. 44–46.Google Scholar
- Leiserson, C.E.: Area — efficient graph layouts (for VLSI). Proc. of the 21-st Annual IEEE Symp. on Found. of CS, Oct. 1980, pp. 270–281.Google Scholar
- Valiant, L.G.: Universality considerations in VLSI circuits. IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. C-30, No. 2, Feb. 1981, pp. 135–140.Google Scholar
- Leighton, F.T.: New lower bound techniques for VLSI. Proc. of the 22-nd Annual IEEE Symp. on Found. of CS, 1981, pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- Thompson, C.D.: A complexity theory for VLSI. CMU-CS-80-140, Carnegie — Mellon University, 1980.Google Scholar
- Garey, M.R., Johnson, D.S., Stockmeyer, L.: Some simplified polynomial complete problems. SIGACT, 1974, pp. 47–63.Google Scholar