Property preserving homomorphisms of transition systems
We study functions preserving properties of transition systems described by formulas of a logic.
The results presented concern the characterization of functions f which preserve properties independently of the particular choice of S1 and S2 provided that the transition systems be related via homomorphisms of a certain type.
KeywordsEquivalence Relation Transition Structure Transition System Propositional Variable Label Transition System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BMP]M. BEN-ARI, Z. MANNA and A. PNUELI "The temporal logic of branching time" 8th Annual ACM Symp. on Principles of Programming Languages, January 1981, pp164–176.Google Scholar
- [Be]G. BERTHELOT "Vérification des réseaux de Petri" Thèse 3ème cycle, Université Paris VI, Paris, January 1978.Google Scholar
- [Br]D. BRAND "Algebraic simulation between parallel programs" IBM research Report RC 7206 (/=/ 30923) 6/29/78, IBM Yorktown Heights.Google Scholar
- [BR]S.D. BROOKES and W.C. ROUNDS "Behavioural equivalence relations induced by programming logics" to appear in Proc. ICALP83, Barcelona, Spain.Google Scholar
- [Gi]A.GINSBURG "Algebraic theory of automata" Academic Press, New York and London, 1968.Google Scholar
- [GRS]J.S. GOURLAY, W.C. ROUNDS and R. STATMAN "On properties preserved by contractions of concurrent systems" Proc. Int. Symp. Semantics of Concurrent Computation, LNCS Vol.70, pp51–65, 1979.Google Scholar
- [Je]K. JENSEN "A method to compare the descriptive power of different types of Petri nets" Proc. MFCS80, LNCS Vol.88, pp348–361.Google Scholar
- [HM]M. HENNESSY and R. MILNER "On observing non determinism and concurrency" Proc. ICALP80, LNCS Vol. 85, 1980, pp299–309.Google Scholar
- [KM]T. KASAI and R.E. MILNER "Homomorphisms between models of parallel computation" IBM Research Report RC7796 (/=/ 33742) 8/2/79, Yorktown Heights.Google Scholar
- [Kw]Y.S. KWONG "On reductions of asynchronous systems" Theor. Comp. Sci. 5, pp25–30, 1977.Google Scholar
- [Li]R.J. LIPTON "Reduction: a method of proving properties of parallel programs" CACM Vol. 18, No 12, Dec. 1975, pp717–721.Google Scholar
- [Ma]A.I. MAL'CEV "Algebraic systems" Springer Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- [Mi]R. MILNER "An algebraic definition of simulation between programs" Proc. Second Int. joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence BCS, pp481–489, Sept. 1981.Google Scholar
- [Mil]R. MILNER "A calculus of communicating systems" LNCS Vol.92, 1980.Google Scholar
- [Miln]R. MILNER "Calculi for synchrony and asynchrony" Report TR CSR 104–82, Univ. of Edinburgh, Dept. of Computer Sci. 1982.Google Scholar
- [QS]J.P. QUEILLE and J. SIFAKIS "Specification and verification of concurrent systems in CESAR" LNCS Vol. 137, pp337–351, April 82.Google Scholar
- [RV]G. ROUCAIROL and R. VALK "Reductions of nets and parallel programs" Net theory and applications, LNCS Vol.84, 1979.Google Scholar
- [Si]J. SIFAKIS "Property preserving homomorphisms and a notion of simulation for transition systems" Report RR332, IMAG, Grenoble, Nov. 1982.Google Scholar