Some equivalence results for free choice nets and simple nets and on the periodicity of live free choice nets
In the first part of this paper we establish the equivalence of a variety of structural and behavioural definitions for free choice nets and simple nets. In the second part we describe a result characterising the non-sequential behaviour of a class of live and safe free choice nets.
KeywordsFree Choice Input Place Firing Sequence Path Expression Marked Place
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [GS]H.J. Genrich and E. Stankiewicz-Wiechno: A Dictionary of Some Basic Notions of Net Theory. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 84, pp. 519–535 (1980).Google Scholar
- [GT]H.J. Genrich and P.S. Thiagarajan: A Theory for Bipolar Synchronisation Schemes. Computer Sc. Dep., Århus University, DAIMI PB-158 (March 1983).Google Scholar
- [H]M.H.T. Hack: Analysis of Production Schemata By Petri Nets. TR-94, Project MAC, MIT, Boston (February 1972). Corrected June 1974.Google Scholar
- [JV]M. Jantzen and R. Valk: Formal Properties of Place/Transition Nets. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 84, pp. 165–212.Google Scholar
- [LSB]P.E. Lauer, M.W. Shields and E. Best: Formal Theory of the Basic COSY Notation. TR 143, Computing Laboratory, Univ. of Newcastle upon Tyne (November 1979).Google Scholar
- [M]R. Milner: A Calculus of Communicating Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 92 (1980).Google Scholar
- [S1]M.W. Shields: Adequate Path Expression. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 70, pp. 249–265 (1979).Google Scholar
- [S2]M.W. Shields: On the Non-Sequential Behaviour of Systems Possessing a Generalised Free Choice Property. Internal Report CRS-92-81, Edinburgh University (September 1981). Also to appear in TCS.Google Scholar
- [S3]M.W. Shields: Non Sequential Behaviour 1. Internal Report CRS-120-82, Edingburgh University (September 1982).Google Scholar
- [TV]P.S. Thiagarajan and K. Voss: Private Communication.Google Scholar