Self-triality in statistical mechanics and field theory
I present here a system which exhibits self-triality, a natural extension of the Kramers-Wannier self-duality. There are three complete sets of variables ψ, R and L for describing the system. Any two are disorder variables with respect to the third and the hamiltonian has the same form when expressed in terms of ψ, R or L.
KeywordsIsing Model Dynkin Diagram Classical Statistical Mechanic Transformation Exchange Dirac Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. A. Kramers and G.H. Wannier, Phys. Rev. 60, 252 (1941).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Savit, Rev. Mod. Phys. 52, 453 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Shankar, Phys. Rev. Lett. 46, 379 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Fradkin and L. Susskind, Phys. Rev. D17, 2637 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.J.B. Kogut, Rev. Mod. Phys. 51, 659 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.K.G. Wilson and J.B. Kogut, Phys. Rep. 12C, No2,(1974).Google Scholar
- 7.D.J. Gross and A. Neveu, Phys. Rev. D10, 3235 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.E. Witten, Nucl. Phys. B142, 285 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Shankar, Phys. Lett., 92B, 333 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Shankar, Phys. Rev. Lett., 50, No. 11, 1983.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Ashkin and E. Teller, Phys. Rev. 64, 178, 1983.Google Scholar