A generalized imprimitivity theorem for a class of POV — measures
We discuss some recently obtained results on the problem of generalizing the imprimitivity theorem of Mackey, to the case where the underlying projection valued measure is replaced by a commutative positive operator valued measure. A possible extension of the group representation to a K-space is also discussed.
KeywordsHilbert Space Probability Measure Topological Space Compact Group Positive Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).S.T. Ali, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 905, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1982), pp. 207–228.Google Scholar
- 2).M. Takesaki, Acta Math. 119 (1967), 273.Google Scholar
- 3).S.T. Ali,“Commutative systems of covariance and a generalization of Mackey's imprimitivity theorem”, to appear.Google Scholar
- 4).G.W. Mackey, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 35 (1949), 537.Google Scholar
- 5).A. Giovannini, J. Math. Phys. 22 (1981), 2389.Google Scholar