The structure of space — Groups'unitary representations
- Louis MichelAffiliated withI.H.E.S.
- , Jan MozrymasAffiliated withInstitute of Theoretical Physics, University of Wrocław
For systems with a symmetry group G, the description of physical phenomena corresponding to a representation of G, depends only on the image of this representation. The classification of the images of the unirreps (unitary irreducible representations) of the little space groups Gk is remarkably simple. The nearly four thousands inequivalent unirreps corresponding to high symmetry wave vectors k have only 37 inequivalent images.
- The structure of space — Groups'unitary representations
- Book Title
- Group Theoretical Methods in Physics
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the XIth International Colloquium Held at Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey August 23–28, 1982
- pp 292-301
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Physics
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.