The Munich rf-recoil spectrometer
Design and recent applications of the Munich RF-recoil spectrometer are described. This device allows the identification of heavy ion reaction products at O° within a large acceptance angle. Beam projectiles are suppressed by a crossed field radio-frequency velocity selector. Velocity, energy, and energy loss of the recoils of interest are determined by a high resolution time-of-flight measurement and with a multiparameter ionization chamber. The performance of the instrument is demonstrated by describing its application in the search for heavy ion radiative capture, in subcoulomb fusion measurements and in the investigation of high angular momentum states in 27A1.
KeywordsHigh Spin State Fusion Cross Section Evaporation Residue Entrance Aperture Recoil Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).T.M. Cormier and P.M. Stwertka, Nucl. Instr. and Meth. 184 (1981) 423.Google Scholar
- 2).S. Morinobu, I. Katayma and H. Nakabushi, Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Nuclei far from Stability, Helsingør, 1982, Report CERN 81-09, p. 717.Google Scholar
- 3).R.G.P. Voss, Proc. of the III. Int. Conf. on Electrostatic Accelerator Technology, 1981, p. 3 and Daresbury Report DL/NSF/TM 38 1978.Google Scholar
- 4).C. Signorini, priv. communication.Google Scholar
- 5).G. Münzenberg, W. Faust, F.P. Hessberger, S. Hofmann, W. Reisdorf, K.H. Schmidt, W.F.W. Schneider, H. Schött, P. Armbruster, K. Güttner, B. Thuma, H. Ewald and D. Vermeulen, Nucl. Instr. and Meth. 186 (1981) 423.Google Scholar
- 6).M. Beckermann, J. Ball, H. Enge, A. Sperduto, S. Gazes, A. DiRienzo and J.D. Molitoris, Phys. Rev. C23 (1981) 1581 and H.A. Enge, Nucl. Instr. and Meth. 186 (1981) 413.Google Scholar
- 7).K. Rudolph, D. Evers, P. Konrad, K.E.G. Löbner, U. Quade, S.J. Skorka, I. Weidl, Nucl. Instr. and Meth.(1982), accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 8).P. Konrad, D. Evers, K.E.G. Löbner, U. Quade, K. Rudolph, S.J.Skorka, I. Weidl, Zeitschr. f. Phys, to be published.Google Scholar
- 9).R. Pengo, D. Evers, K.E.G. Löbner, U. Quade, K. Rudolph,S.J.Skorka, I. Weidl, to be published.Google Scholar
- 10).I. Weidl, D. Evers, P. Konrad, K.E.G. Löbner, U. Quade, K. Rudolph and S.J. Skorka, to be published; I. Weidl, Thesis (1982), University of Munich.Google Scholar