Two-Photon spectroscopy in InSb at high magnetic fields
High resolution two-photon magneto-absorption (TPMA) spectra for n-InSb have been investigated for magnetic fields up to 15 T using cw C02 lasers and photoconductivity techniques. A modified Pidgeon-Brown energy band model using spherical and nonspherical selection rules is used to interpret the data. Anisotropic effects are observed for the first time in the TPMA photoconductive spectra. TPMA structure is also observed for the first time in the photovoltaic response.
KeywordsSelection Rule High Magnetic Field Landau Level Heavy Hole Lower Magnetic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.M. H. Weiler, Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.C. R. Pidgeon, in Theoretical Aspects and New Developments in Magneto-Optics, edited by J. T. Devresse Plenum Press, New York, 1980), p. 255.Google Scholar
- 9.A. H. Kahn and H. P. R. Frederikse, in Solid State Physics, edited by F. Seitz and D. Turnbull (Academic Press, New York, 1959) Vol. 9, p. 257.Google Scholar
- 10.L. M. Roth and P. N. Argyres, in Semiconductors and Semimetals, edited by R. K. Willardson and A. C. Beer (Academic Press, New York, 1966), Vol. 1, 159.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Kubo, N. Hasitsume, and S. J. Miyake, in Solid State Physics, edited by F. Seitz and D. Turnbull (Academic Press, New York, 1965 ), Vol. 17, p. 269.Google Scholar
- 14.R. L. Aggarwal, in Semiconductors and Semimetals, edited by R.K. Willardson and A. C. Beer, (Academic Press, New York, 1972, Vol. 9, p. 151.Google Scholar