Neutral bound excitons in a magnetic field
We are studying the influence of an external uniform magnetic field on the energy of the ground state of an exciton bound to a neutral impurity. In the low field limit, we treat the diamagnetic operator as a perturbation using our previously obtained Page and Fraser type wave function. In the high field limit, we have solved the Schrödinger equation by means of the adiabatic method. We compare our results with the observed diamagnetic shift in GaAs.
KeywordsLandau Level Free Exciton Transition Shift Acceptor Impurity Effective Magnetic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Adamowski, S. Bednarek and M. Suffczinski, J. Phys. C12, L325 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Baldereschi, in Theoretical Aspects and New Developments in Magneto-Optics, J.T. Devreese, ed. (Plenum Press, New York and London, 1980), p.291.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Willmann, W. Dreybrodt and M. Bettini, Phys. Rev. B8, 2891 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Rühle and D. Bimberg, Phys. Rev. B12, 2385 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Schairer, D. Bimberg, W. Kottler, K. Cho and M. Schmidt, Phys. Rev. B13, 3452 (1976).Google Scholar
- 12.D. Larsen, Phys. Rev. B20, 5217 (1979).Google Scholar
- 16.D.D. Sell, S.E. Stokowski, R. Dingle and J.V. Dilorenzo, Phys. Rev. B7, 4568 (1973).Google Scholar