Anharmonic effects in two-dimensional electron solids in magnetic fields
Making extensive use of sum-rule techniques when time-reversal symmetry is broken we were able to investigate collective excitations of two-dimensional electron solids in the presence of a quantizing magnetic field not resting upon the harmonic approximation.
KeywordsCyclotron Frequency Collective Excitation Dynamical Matrix Anharmonic Effect Electron Lattice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3).G. Meissner, H. Namaizawa, and M. Voss, Phys. Rev. B13, 1370 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4).G. Meissner, Z. Physik B23, 173 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5).G. Meissner and G. Schöner, to be published; the dependence of the actual numerical coefficient in the linear temperature decrease of the shear modulus on the precise form of the dispersion of the phonon frequencies and of the polarization vectors in HA is being discussed in this paper.Google Scholar
- 8).J. M. Kosterlitz and D. J. Thouless, J. Phys. C6, 1181 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8)a.R. Nelson and B. Halperin, Phys. Rev. B19, 2457 (1979).Google Scholar