Variational methods in the master field formulation for QCD3+1
Master fields are formulated for finite N-QCD3+1. They satisfy classical Yang-Mills equations with an infinite number of internal indices and an infinite number of constraints. Master fields and constraints on them in the large N limit are derived from the finite N master fields and constraints using vacuum dominance among color singlet states. The large N constraints can be explicitly solved and the solutions involve arbitrary functions which are used as trial functions in variational calculations.
KeywordsArbitrary Function Wilson Loop Infinite Number Variational Calculation Trial Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Sato, Phys. Lett. 113B (1982) 315.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Sato, New York University preprint, NYU/TR7/82 (to be published in Phys. Rev. D).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Bardakci, Nucl. Phys. B178 (1981) 263; Nucl. Phys. B193 (1982) 245; M. B. Halpern, Nucl. Phys. B188 (1981) 61.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Mandelstam, Phys. Rev. D19 (1979) 2391.Google Scholar
- 5.G. 'tHooft, Nucl. Phys. B72 (1974) 461; E. Witten, Nucl. Phys. B160 (1979) 57.Google Scholar