Axiomatic approach to the system of files
Two different points of view on sequential files are discussed: internal point of view representing the users and external one representing the system designers. The relational system of sequential file is presented, the axiomatization is done and there is proved that every model of the axiomatized theory is isomorphic with the standard model. An other axiomatized theory of file identificators is presented: consistency of the theory is proved. The "sum" of both theories gives an useful theory of sequential files with identificators.
At tthe end of the paper a class in the language LOGLAN 77 is presented. Every object of this class is a model of the last mentioned theory.
KeywordsRelational System Sequential File Axiomatized Theory Algorithmic Logic Algorithmic Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .Aho, A.,Hopcroft, J.,Ullman, J., The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading Ma., 1974Google Scholar
- .Brinch Hansen, P., The SOLO Operating System, Software — Practice & Experience 6,2,1976,141–205Google Scholar
- .Dańko,W., A Criterion of Undecidability of Algorithmic Theories, to appear in Fundamenta InformaticaeGoogle Scholar
- .LOGLAN 77 raport — internal raport of Institute of Computer Science, Warsaw University, December 1979Google Scholar
- .Mirkowska, G., Algorithmic Logic and Its Application in Program Theoty, Fundamenta Informaticae 1,1977,1–17,147–167Google Scholar
- .Mirkowska, G., On Formalized System of Algorithmic Logic, Bull. Acad.Pol.Sci,Ser math. astr. et phys.,19,1971,421–428Google Scholar
- .Muldner,T., Implementation and Properties of Certain Tools for Parallel Computation, to appear in Fundamenta InformaticaeGoogle Scholar
- .Oktaba,H., On Algorithmic Theory of References, a manuscriptGoogle Scholar
- .Salwicki,A., On Algorithmic Theory of Dictionaries, a manuscriptGoogle Scholar
- .Sielberschatz,A., Kieburtz,R.B., The External Consistency of Abstract Data types, a manuscript.Google Scholar