Tunneling of a many-Fermion system in one dimension
A method is presented for stochastic evaluation of ground state properties and tunneling decay of many-fermion systems in one spatial dimension. Application to a model problem defined to produce saturation, strong short-range repulsive-core correlations, and spontaneous fission provides the opportunity to test the stationary-phase approximation and assumptions concerning the effective interaction presently utilized in the mean-field theory of spontaneous fission.
KeywordsGround State Energy Evolution Operator Importance Sampling Trial Function Virial Theorem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).A thorough review by the author including extensive references to recent work will appear in Rev. Mod. Phys., October 1982.Google Scholar
- 2).E. Abers and B. Lee, Phys. Rept. 9, 1 1973.Google Scholar
- 3).S. E. Koonin, Proceedings of Santa Barbara Workshop on Nuclear Theory, 1981 and private communication.Google Scholar
- 4).D. M. Ceperly and M. H. Kalos, Monte Carlo Methods in Statistical Physics, Ed. K. Binder, Springer Verlag NY 1979, p. 145.Google Scholar
- 5).G. Bertsch, Private Communication.Google Scholar
- 6).N. Metropolis, A. Rosenbluth, M. Rosenbluth, A. Teller and E. Teller, J. Chem. Phys. 21 (1953) 1087.Google Scholar
- 7).M. Creutz and B. Freedman, Ann. Phys. NY 132, 427 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8).Karlin and Taylor, Course in Stochastic Processes, Academic Press (1975).Google Scholar