Quantum statistical approach to extended mean-field theory
The time-dependent Hartree-Fock theory is generalized in order to include two-body collisions. Using the projection operator techniques of statistical mechanics a transport equation is derived for the uncorrelated part of the full A-particle density matrix. This leads to an equation of motion for the one-particle density matrix which includes a collision term. The collision term is considered in the weak-coupling limit and a master equation is obtained for the occupation probabilities of the single-particle levels.
KeywordsDensity Matrix Occupation Probability Collision Term Residual Interaction Uncorrelated Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C.Y. Wong and H.F. Tang, Phys.Rev.Lett. 40 (1978) 1070Google Scholar
- 2.H. Orland and R. Schaeffer, Z.Phys. A290 (1979) 191Google Scholar
- 3.G. Mantzouranis and H.C. Pauli, Z.Phys. A281 (1977) 165Google Scholar
- 4.S. Ayik, Z.Phys. A298 (1980) 83Google Scholar
- 5.P. Grangé, H.A. Weidenmüller and G. Wolschin, Ann.Phys. 136 (1981) 190Google Scholar
- 6.R. Balian and M. Veneroni, preprint, Orsay (1981)Google Scholar
- 7.S. Nakajima, Progr. Theor.Phys. 20 (1958) 948Google Scholar
- 8.R.W. Zwanzig, Quantum Statistical Mechanics. P.H.E. Meijer, (ed.), p. 139, New York:Gordon and Breach 1966 and Physica 30, (1964) 1109Google Scholar
- 9.P. Bonche, S. Koonin and J. Negele, Phys.Rev. C13 (1976) 226Google Scholar
- 10.C.R. Willis and R.H. Picard, Phys.Rev. A9 (1974) 1343Google Scholar
- 11.S. Ayik, Nucl.Phys. A370 (1981) 317Google Scholar
- 12.H.A. Weidenmüller, in Progress in Particle and Nuclear Physics, Vol. 3, ed. D.H. Wilkinson, Pergamon, Oxford 1980.Google Scholar