Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 170)
Numerical computation of large-scale fire-induced flows
KeywordsBuoyant Plume Buoyant Flow Inviscid Model Density Evolution Equation Water Volume Flux
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Torrance, K.E. and Rockett, J.A., “Numerical Study of Natural Convection in an Enclosure with Localized Heating from Below — Creeping Flow to the Onset of Laminar Instability,” J. Fluid Mech., 36, p.33, (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.Knight, C., “Numerical Studies of Natural Convection in an Enclosure,” Tech. Rept. 15, Div. Engrg. and Applied Phys., Harvard Univ. (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, K.T. and Liu, V.K., “UNDSAFE-II A Computer Code for Buoyant Turbulent Flow in an Enclosure with Radiation,” Tech. Rept. TR-79002-78-3, Dept. Aero. and Mech. Engrg., Univ. of Notre Dame, (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.Ku, A.C., Doria, M.L., and Lloyd, J.R., “Numerical Modeling of Unsteady Buoyant Flows Generated by Fire in a Corridor,” Proc. 16th Intl. Symposium on Combustion, p. 1373, (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.Rehm, R.G. and Baum, H.R., “The Equations of Motion for Thermally Driven, Buoyant Flows,” J. Res. Nat. Bur. Stds., 83, p. 297, (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.Baum, H.R. and Rehm, R.G., “Finite Difference Solutions for Internal Waves in Enclosures,” Nat. Bur. Stds. Rept. (in preparation).Google Scholar
- 7.Arakawa, A., “Computational Design for Long-Term Numerical Integration of the Equations of Fluid Motion: Two Dimensional Incompressible Flow.” Part I, J. Comp. Phys., 1, p. 119, (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.Lewis, J.G. and Rehm, R.G., “The Numerical Solution of a Nonseparable Elliptic Partial Differential Equation by Preconditioned Conjugate Gradients,” J. Res. Nat. Bur. Stands., 85, p. 367, (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.Baum, H.R., Rehm, R.G., Barnett, P.D. and Corley, D.G., “Finite Difference Calculations of Buoyant Convections in an Enclosure, Part I, the Basic Algorithm,” Nat. Bur. Stds. Rept. NBSIR 81-2385, 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.Tsang, G., “Laboratory Study of Two-Dimensional Starting Plans,” Atmos. Environment, 4, p. 519, (1970).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1982