Numerical simulation of homogeneous anisotropic turbulence
This research is concerned with results obtained for the simulation of homogeneous turbulence with constant mean velocity gradient. In the first part of the investigation, we describe a formulation deduced from the one proposed by R.S. ROGALLO which allows a simulation to be performed with periodic spectral methods and we also present the numerical scheme. The second and third parts are focused on the study of the model and the numerical problems occuring in these simulations ; the previous study has been carried out with a two-dimensional code. Finally we present a computer code written in collaboration with P. LECA for the three-dimensional simulation. The method is now implemented on an array processor AP 120-b and first numerical simulations will soon be available.
KeywordsPseudospectral Method Inertial Range Array Processor Homogeneous Turbulence Spectral Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BASDEVANT, C.: Submitted to J. of Comp. Phys. (1982).Google Scholar
- BOISSEAU, J.P., ENSELME, A., GUIRAUD, D., and LECA, P.: La Recherche Aérospatiale n° 1982–1.Google Scholar
- CRAYA, A.:P.S.T. n° 345 (1958).Google Scholar
- GENCE, J.N.:Thèse d'Etat, Faculté Claude Bernard Lyon (1979).Google Scholar
- MORCHOISNE, Y.: AIAA 19th Aerospace Sciences Meeting, St Louis, AIAA Paper n° 81-0109 (1981).Google Scholar
- ORSZAG, S.A. and PATTERSON, G.S.:Phys. Rev. Letters, Vol. 28. 2 (1972).Google Scholar
- ROGALLO, R. S.: NASA TM-23, 203 (1977).Google Scholar
- ROGALLO, R.S.: NASA TM 813 15 (1981).Google Scholar
- ROY, Ph.: La Recherche Aérospatiale n° 1980-6.Google Scholar
- TAVOULARIS, S., and CORRSIN, S.: J. Fluid Mech. Vol. 104 (1981).Google Scholar