Simulation of cylindrical Couette flow
We have developed, tested, and implemented a numerical code for calculating the viscous, three dimensional flow between two differentially rotating cylinders (cylindrical Couette flow). In this paper we describe the methods that we have used to apply efficiently pseudo-spectral techniques to a complicated (i.e. non-Cartesian) geometry with real (i.e. viscous, no-slip) boundaries and the tests that we have used to determine the accuracy of our code.
KeywordsReynolds Number Wave Speed Couette Flow Collocation Point Radius Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chandrasekhar, S., (1960), Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability, Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Donnelly, R. J., & Simon, N.J., 1960, J.F.M., 7, 401.Google Scholar
- King, G., & Swinney, H.L., 1982, private communication.Google Scholar
- Kreuger, E. R., Gross, A., & DiPrima, R.C., 1966, J.F.M., 24,521.Google Scholar
- Meyer-Spasche, R., & Keller, H. B., 1980 J. Comp. Phys., 35, 100.Google Scholar